V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
In-Store Shopping Stylist
We are seeking an enthusiastic and fashion-forward individual to join our team as an In-Store Shopping Stylist. As an In-Store Shopping Stylist, you will play a vital role in providing exceptional customer service, offering style advice, and ensuring a smooth shopping experience. Your attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and passion for contemporary menswear will contribute to the success of FIELDS.
At FIELDS, we take pride in fostering a culture that is innovative, supportive, and professional. We believe in creating an environment where our team members feel valued and empowered to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace diversity and celebrate the unique skills each individual brings in a values-based workplace.
- Strong interest in contemporary menswear.
- Openness to learning and contributing to the success of FIELDS.
- Characteristics of reliability, integrity, and responsibility.
- Organized with good social skills for effective interaction in a high attention to detail environment.
- Enjoys the business of fashion and sales.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
Qualification & Requirements:
- Completed or be in the process of completing a university/college degree or have at least 3 years of working experience. Experience in the fields of retail, hospitality, the arts, or customer service is highly advantageous.
In-Store Style and Sales:
- Provide style advice and educate customers about our brand, products, and the FIELDS journey.
- Prepare garments for sale, including steaming and adding swing tags to meet FIELDS standards.
- Process sales/exchange transactions accurately and efficiently as per our SOPs.
- Conduct end-of-day cash reconciliations, ensuring accountability for your sales and their accuracy.
- Maintain the store's readiness and cleanliness to welcome customers.
- Fold and put away items that have been tried on, and steam them if necessary.
- Ensure display areas and mannequins are well-maintained and showcase the brand according to our standards.
- Organize and maintain the stock room according to specifications.
- Conduct regular stock counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- You will be required to work 5 shifts per week at the V&A Mall.
- The store operates from Monday to Sunday, between 9am and 9pm.
- Each shift will be 7-8 hours long with a 30-minute break (not included in the 7-8 hours of work).
- The start date for this position is late September 2023.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Employment guided by the BCEA SA.
- Annual incentive in line with company policy.
- Staff-rate shopping of FIELDS products.
- Innovative environment with growth opportunities.
Please send a cover letter explaining why you would like to join our team in this role, along with a 1-page CV, to Sindi@fieldsstore.com.